We are glad to let you know that we are opening our offices effective 06/01/2020. As a medical office, we have one simple objective in mind: making sure that our patients and staff are always safe. This objective has been at the center of creating policies and procedures that will ensure the safety and well-being of all people that walk through our front doors. We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of all viruses. We, as an office, already have strict guidelines for hand washing and sanitation, and we will continue those policies.
One policy we have enforced is our sick policy. If you are not feeling well, we ask that you reschedule your appointment. Please do so as soon as possible so our team can adjust our appointment schedule accordingly. If you have had the COVID vaccine within two weeks, please reschedule for your safety. We know these appointments can be something patients look forward to and having to reschedule can be disappointing. However, we promise we will get you on the books when you are better. We ask that if you have any of the following symptoms that you reschedule your appointment and stay home to ensure the safety of our staff, and the other clients:
- If you have had a fever within the last 24 hours
- A cold
- The Flu
- Stomach Virus
- Stuffy nose
- If you have recently traveled via airlines/cruise or
- Have been exposed to a known contact with the COVID-19 that you stay home and reschedule your visit.
Please adhere by the following guidelines when coming in for your appointment:
- Upon entrance temperature of each client will be checked by a non-contact digital thermometer
- Every client and employee HAVE TO wear a mask. Sorry but, No Mask No Entry.
- Upon entrance hands should be cleaned with hand sanitizer in the lobby/front desk area
- Social Distancing will be implemented
- Please come alone. Do not bring any family members, friends, or pets for your appointment
- The appointments will be spaced out, so there will be limited people in the lobby. If somehow lobby is full (according to social distancing guidelines) you will be asked to wait outside.
- Cleanliness is crucial in all that we do. As a medical practice, we must adhere to the strictest recommendations provided by the CDC, CDHP, and other local authorities. We have properly sanitized/deep cleaned our offices after an extended shutdown. We have heightened our sanitizing and cleaning procedures at our office, and we have hand sanitizer at the front desk. Sanitizing wipes and sprays are always in reach for our front and back staff so we can keep the office continuously clean before and after each patient we see. We will routinely sanitize common areas, treatment rooms and the frequently touched surfaces including but not limited to doorknobs/ credit card machines/ iPads/counters/ patient beds/laser equipment
- Our team is crucial to our success. If our team members are not feeling well, they have been asked to stay home. We know that this may mean rescheduling appointments, and that can be frustrating. We will do our best to fit you with a different provider or on a different date that suits your schedule. We appreciate your flexibility. We will also check the temperature of each employee at the beginning of each shift.
- Sneeze guards have been implemented in front to each receptionist
Each and every client will be asked to fill out a consult/consent form related to COVID-19