If your skin is looking old, tired, and wrinkled, microneedling can help. Microneedling is a procedure that is growing in popularity, and there are good reasons for this. Read on for some facts about this procedure and why it might be right for you!
- Microneedling is a procedure that stimulates the growth of collagen, a protein that is vital for beautiful skin, hair, and nails. Microneedling uses tiny needles to prick the skin, just breaking the surface. This is enough to get new collagen to grow, in a sense giving you “new” skin; skin that is firmer, brighter, smoother, and younger looking.
- The idea of putting needles into your skin may not sound appealing. However, the needles are very small – some are as small as .5 mm. There is no downtime required after microneedling, although there are some simple rules you should follow. For the rest of that day, you should stay out of the sun, don’t allow your skin to get too hot (such as through exercise), and avoid sweating too much. Most patients report that the only side effects are minor redness and irritation for a few days afterward.
- It can take a few sessions to see the desired results. These sessions only last for a few minutes in most cases.
- Microneedling can help reduce wrinkles, the appearance of scars, and large pores. It can also be used to treat sunspots and stretch marks.
- For maximum results, microneedling is often paired with a hydrating serum or another serum that helps to make skin look even better.
- As long as you are in good overall health, you can have a microneedling procedure. However, it is not considered safe for pregnant women and patients who use certain kinds of acne medication. Your doctor will be able to advise you if you shouldn’t have the procedure.
Microneedling is a noninvasive, quick, effective way to give your skin new life and a new, refreshed look. If you’ve tried other procedures and at-home treatments and saw no results, microneedling can help! Call New Look Skin Center today to set up a microneedling appointment. Call (818) 662-5005!