It happens to all of us – we look in the mirror one morning and are shocked to find a double chin. It can even happen to people who exercise and live a very healthy lifestyle, because it can come with aging or because of genetics. Luckily, you don’t have to live with a double chin, thanks to Kybella.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider having this popular procedure.
- It is safe. Kybella has been approved by the FDA, and trials have proven its safety. These same trials have also proven it is effective – over 80% of trial participants said they saw significant improvement (and a significant reduction of fat under the chin) after Kybella.
- It is permanent. Kybella uses an injection of deoxycholic acid to target fat cells. These cells are destroyed, and because they can no longer store fat, no further treatment will be needed. The fat cells are naturally flushed out of your body within a few weeks.
- It is noninvasive. The injection is the only thing involved in a Kybella procedure, unlike a surgical procedure such as liposuction, which can involve anesthesia, incisions, several hours of your time, possible time spent in the hospital, and a lot of time recovering.
- It is quick. The procedure typically takes about 20 minutes per session, although many patients require more than one session. There is hardly any preparation involved as there would be with surgery, and time for recovery is minimal. There may be minor side effects like swelling, pain, bruising, and redness, but these typically clear up within 2 weeks.
- It is suitable for almost anyone. Kybella can be used on most people, unless you are pregnant or nursing. It also should be avoided in people who are planning on having facial surgery in the future and people who have a double chin because of loose skin instead of accumulated fat.