Botox has been popular for decades – you probably have a friend or a family member who has had this common procedure. If you wish you could do something about wrinkles and fine lines but at-home treatments aren’t working and you’re not quite ready for a face lift or other surgical procedure, Botox may be the solution for you. Here are 5+ things you should know about Botox, how the procedure works, and its many benefits!
The low-down on Botox
1. You may have heard that Botox is made from a toxin, which is true – the botulinum toxin. Injecting a toxin into your body may sound like a very bad idea, but when the toxin is used correctly it is very safe (Botox is also used for medical purposes, such as treating migraines and bladder problems). It works by blocking the signals between the muscles and the nerves to keep muscles from contracting, which, in turn, relaxes wrinkles.
2. Botox can be used along with other procedures, such as a thread lift or another dermal filler, so that you can get the exact results you want.
3. You’ll start to notice the effects of Botox within a few days, although it can take a few weeks before you see the full effects. These effects can last for months, and when they wear off you can get more Botox injections. Some patients get Botox as often as every 3 months.
4. Getting Botox only takes a few minutes, and patients report it is painless. It is said to only feel like a little pinch.
5. After your Botox injections, you may feel a bit bruised, but this should fade within a few days. You should wait for a few hours after the procedure to do anything strenuous, but you can get back to most of your regular activities as soon as you leave the doctor’s office.
Botox is a quick and effective way to get younger-looking, smoother skin without invasive surgery, and it is an ideal solution if you have tried serums and face creams with no results. Call New Look Skin Center today at (818) 662-5005 for a Botox appointment!