Laser Tattoo Removal
As the number of tattoos increase, so does the number of people who regret them. New Look Skin Center empathizes with these regrets and offers treatments with minimal discomfort. Utilizing one of the most efficient and effective equipment, PicoWay by Candela, multicolor tattoos and pigmented lesion removal has never been easier.
The Candela PicoWay produces an intense, but gentle burst of light that allows selective destruction of the over-abundance of melanin seen in benign pigmented lesions or fragments and removes tattoo pigments without damaging surrounding tissue. The purpose of this procedure is to attempt removal of the tattoo or to make the pattern as unrecognizable as possible by lightening the pigment pattern.
* Please schedule your free consultation for pricing information. .
Before & After
How many treatments are needed and how often?
Removable of a tattoo is based on several things:
- The depth of penetration of the ink; color; density; application; the patient’s immune system and ability to heal; skin type and the location of the tattoo.
- Most simple tattoos are removed in 2-4 treatments scheduled about 4-8 weeks apart. Removing complex tattoos often requires a series of treatments spaced approximately 8 or more weeks apart. Professional tattoos usually require 6-10 or more treatments for complete clearing.
What color tattoos respond best?
Black and blue respond the best while red, purple or orange present more of a challenge also. Yellow is perhaps the most difficult since it actually tends to reflect the laser light rather than absorb it. A large number of sessions are required to see fading.
Do all tattoos respond?
Amateur or poorly done tattoos may not respond to treatment. This is because it was probably placed at the wrong level in the skin where it may not be responsive to the laser light.
What should I expect immediately after treatment?
Immediately after your session, the treated area will have a whitish / grey or red discoloration with pinpoint bleeding and some oozing and blistering. Swelling lasting several days is not unusual. The area treated will remain; icing and application of an antibiotic ointment. The practitioner will apply antibiotic ointment and dry dressing immediately following the treatment. Visible improvement or any change will be seen when healing is complete, generally a few weeks proceeding treatment. At times, 6-10 or more treatments for complete clearing.
What is the recommended care after the procedure?
- Ice, wrapped in a soft cloth, may be applied to the treated area to reduce discomfort, swelling, or any inflammation.
- No rubbing, scratching or picking to treated area.
- Avoid sports which may cause excessive sweating as well as tight clothing that may cause pressure.
- No sun exposure during entire duration of treatments. SPF 30 or higher is recommended if sun exposure cannot be avoided.
- Clean the treated area daily with mild soap and water and gently pat dry. Apply a thin layer of antibiotic ointment, such as polysporin or bacitracin, twice a day and cover with dressing. Generally 7 to 14 days.
- Tylenol may be used for discomfort if necessary, but avoid asprin
What's the contraindications with laser tattoo removal?
- An infected tattoo site
- Tanning – avoid sun 4 weeks before the treatment
- Avoid using photosensitivity medications 1 week before treatment, except for accutane, which requires a wait time of 6 months minimum.
- Treatment is not recommended for the patients who suffer from any medical problems such as skin disorders, heart problems, cancer, seizures, and any immune system disorders or have implanted medical devices. IN THESE CASES, CLEARANCE FROM OWN’S PRIMARY PHYSICIAN IS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ABY LASER REMOVAL PROCEDURE.
- Herpes simplex virus 1,2 patients must begin prophylactic medication 1 week before treatment.
- Keloid scarring.
What are the possible side effects?
Side effects of laser tattoo removal are rare, but may include blistering, infection, loss of skin color, or scabbing. If scabbing occurs, it usually subsides within two weeks. In most cases, skin returns back to normal.
Are there any guarantees for the laser tattoo removal?
There is no guarantee, warranty or assurance regarding the outcome or any improvements of your condition due to this procedure. Complete tattoo removal is not always possible as tattoos were meant to be permanent.