Acne is a disruption in the skin caused by different factors, including bacteria, hormones and genetics. eLight Acne Therapy is an effective light-based therapy. The eLight Acne Therapy destroys the most common bacteria that cause acne. The goals of treatment for active eruptive acne are: to reduce he bacteria count of the acne-causing Proprionibacterium Acnes, and to control the activity of the sebaceous glands to reduce excess sebum production. The clinical improvements in the appearance of acne are evidenced by reducing the size of individual acne lesions, reducing the frequency of acne eruptions, and promoting faster healing times. The eLight system has FDA clearance for the treatment of acne. eLight/ IPL, “Intense Pulse Light” is one of the safest acne treatments available and proven to be extremely effective on moderate inflammatory acne.
Call for pricing and more information
If you suffer with large, red, and painful breakouts deep in your skin, this could mean you’ve developed something called cystic acne.
You should not wait for this type of acne to go away on it’s own as Cystic acne can linger for years. It can affect large areas of your skin and leave permanent scars. Luckily, there is a treatment that can help you achieve clearer skin. Here at New Look Skin Center our professional Physician Assistant’s can treat Cystic acne with Corticosteroid Injection.
Book your free consultation to find out more about details and pricing.
Most clients report some discomfort with little more than a slight snapping or stinging sensation, similar to that of a rubber band. Topical anesthesia can be applied to minimize any discomfort during the procedure.
How many treatments do I need and how frequently?
In most cases, four or five treatments may be required for best results, 2-4 week intervals.
Are there any side effects to treatment with Smooth Beam?
In general, the procedure has a low risk of side effects. Most aggressive treatments might induce some temporary discoloration or reddening of the skin. Some patients may experience pigment changes in skin color; skin will typically return to normal pigmentation over time.
How long does it take to recover?
After the laser treatment your skin may be slightly red and tender. The redness usually subsides in a few hours, and you may return to your normal activities immediately.
What are the contraindications with acne laser treatment?
- Accutane: you should wait at least 6 months after completion of Accutane.
- Taking photosensitivity medications: wait at least 1 week after last dose.
- Seizure disorder
- Patients with any medical condition should have clearance from their primary physician in order to do the treatment.
- Patients with history of HS 1 & 2 lesions should begin prophylaxis prior to treatment.
- Active skin infection
- Cold sensitivity
- Keloid scarring
- Implanted medical devices: should have clearance from their attending Physician
- Avoid sun or any tanning booths/sprays, 1 month before and 2 weeks after treatment.
- You cannot use Smooth Beam over fillers.
What should I do or not to do after acne laser treatment?
- You can use ice pack in case of any discomfort.
- It is recommended you apply a soothing topical product to skin immediately after cooling.
- Apply a moisturizing sunblock with an SPF of 30 or above and continue using in throughout the whole course of treatment.
- You can resume your usual therapeutic topical agents 72 hours after the procedure.